Sunday, July 29, 2007

Si hier Trumph and I went to Port Townsend. We rode the ferry across the Sound which was gorgeous. The sun was shining and reflecting off of the sea in a cascade of lights and of course there were jellies,skas, and gulls aplenty to see. However my orca, baleen whale, dolphin, seal, sea lion, and otter friends did not deign to make an appearance. I looked for them and made little clicking sounds, but they didn't hear me and I was sad for like 5 minutes then I got happy when reached the Island.

From Paulisbo we drove to Port Townsend and guyz this little town though full of the others (white people) and not many of The People (that's what I call those of us who are African or of the African Diaspora- THE PEOPLE, it is so much more PC and once again few of the others ever known what I mean when I say it around them so they don't get defensive or irritatingly guilty and bring up the subject of race which more often than not with them I am loathe to discuss), it is quite enchanting. It sits right by the sea and the water is clear. Trumph and I browsed in the quaint shops and then went to Water Front Pizza for lunch. Trumph insisted it was the best pizza in Port Townsend and I'll give him that. That I've ever eaten? No. But in Port Townsend okay. The staff was nice.

Then we headed to the Port Townsend Jazz Festival at one of Washington State's Premier Parks, Fort Warden. Fort Warden was an old army base that was converted a park I believe in the 70's I think. The sea of course is right down the hill and it was once again beautiful. I felt like an Elf just drinking in the beauty of nature around me.

We went to a concert and saw Roy Hargrove play...Awesome, fantastic, great, those buthas jammed and I loved it. Afterwards we caught the ferry back home.

Then this morning we watched Bumpalump who did his usual thing and said a new word today:

"Thank you".

Too cute too cute. He played songs on his piano for us and his other musical thing and played with his Lightning Mcqueen car all morning. I have to say there is nothing more cute than watching Trumph and Bumpalump play together. Every time Bumpalump sees me or Trumph he will just grin and grin and when we go he is starting to begin the habit of crying which he did today. It caught me by surprise and for an instant I almost teared up. I love that little boy as if he were my own.

I love when he laughs and talks, and dances. I love that he brings such joy to my life without ever trying to do so. We're going to see him this week of course because what's a week of my life without Bumpalump he is my second favorite man. Okay he is my first Trumph comes second but don' tell Trumph that.

All in all a great weekend that I spent with my 2 favorite men. Hope you all had one just as good. PAIX!

1 comment:

That Dude Right There said...

I love reading your blog because the way that you describe things is always in a happy tone. It puts me in a better mood.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Salut Mes Zamis Sak Passe!

Wassup Folkz this is me Kyon Saucier also known as Mr Kyon on A4A or Creole Elf on BGC.... Aww come on now like none of y'all are ever on those sites, yeah you are 'cause I've seen you... LOL!

Enter my world for a second... What? Huh? Well yes there are Black People in the NW and yes we have a vibrant culture up here. I mean naw Seattle aint Atlanta or NYC or DC or Chicago or any other city with a huge Black Population, but it's my home and there are few places as beautiful... Not too mention in all of the NW Seattle and Tacoma have the highest Black Population. So come on enter the world of Kyon....Yon Yon Yon.... Sigh. I was trying to make an echo sound. Now look I I know I got some typos and things so be patient with me folkz.... Cause I get excited when I write... Okay there is no excuse 'cept that it's my page I do what I want! *smile*


C'EST MOI! IT'S ME!

C'EST MOI!  IT'S ME!
Sak Passe? WAZZUUUUUPPPPP!

Bishop

Bishop
Yeah when I was younger I could've been considered a geek. Always my eyes fixed upon a world none could see. Always seeking to escape from the mundane things of this life.

But a geek I think of as dreamer, someone one who delights in things outside of the ordinary.

Just Me Again

Just Me Again
And why not? Dreams were not meant for the sleeping times

For the ordinary world need not be such a boring place. There's always more than enough room for the things that make one smile.

Wolf Rider

Wolf Rider
Bear Claw

Blood Elven Prince

Blood Elven Prince
Worlds within worlds

Drow Hunting Party

Drow Hunting Party
Dark Elven Elegance

Adieu mes zamis....

Adieu mes zamis....
May the light of Elves shine upon you....I know it's corny but this is my page!