Thursday, July 19, 2007

I feel kinda sad for Frank Roberts today. I am a huge fan of many of the blogs on here, His Story, Getting His Stuff Together, well basically all my linked blogs I read and Frank Leon Robert's blog is no exception. I've read his blog actually before everyone elses on here with the exception of Keith Boykin's blog. Now I don't know Frank. I've never met him, I've only posted comments to his blog. However I've always liked his posts and I always liked what he has to say.

So it makes me feel bad for him to see some the comments I've seen directed at him on his site by certain people who are anonymous in regards to his criticism of Keith Boykin and Jasmyne Cannick s' blog reports on the Flava Works controversy.

Now if Flava Works is causing the spread of HIV and AIDS and exploiting young Black and Latino men that is wrong and fucked. Mos def it is. It needs to be reported and that White Man should be taken to task for it. Mos def. However that wasn't what Frank was mad about. His friend died, a friend who apparently had helped clean up Flava Works act a little bit according to some other bloggers. (Remember y'all there 2 sides to each story, 2 POVs)

Frank is hurting over his friend's death which seems sketchy in how he died of pneumonia being so young and I think compounded with the other personal stuff (more deaths) he has dealt with in the past few weeks he's in shock. Then the Flava Works controversy is brought up on Keith and Jasmynes ' Blogs and all of Black LGBT Blogger land jumps on the band wagon.

I aint choosing sides. I find sexual exploitation of my brothas to be deplorable regardless of whose doing it and it is wrong and it needs to be discussed and addressed. On the flip side, I used to have a drug issue and I've seen people exploit themselves sexually. Horrible to observe but they were willing to put themselves in those positions...So I'm kind of neutral about the issue. It's like the whole drug issue.

Drugs are bad, selling them is bad, and so is using them. However no one forces anyone to do or buy drugs...There is the crux for this argument and the Flavaworks one. I mean I've watched one of their movies at some point I'm sure. Does that make me guilty for consuming the product even if I didn't know what Flavaworks business practices were? Who knows? I know a little bit more now that I will be more careful of what company I support when doing my private viewing in the future.

As for Frank... Let the brotha be. Stop these personal attacks on him. He's not a sellout or a House Nigger. Can't be, the boy is way to smart, too savvy, and to educated to be either of those. I've read his blog and I've seen the love he has for his people. Uncle Tom's and the like usually hate themselves that is not the case for Frank so he aint like that.

I guess I'm rambling but I don' care. What bothers me really is that people are being really evil when they don't need to be. A man is dead and many are grieving. An issue has been opened and people are being asses and calling people names and all that shit. Someone has lost his friend and being in put in the position of having to defend his memory and now himself. That is not right, that is not kool and this is why for Frank I feel bad for him. And hey man if u ever read this know that I think you were right about what you said. You stood up for the family and memory of a good friend who it seems left this world too soon and that is the most honorable thing anyone can do...

Be blessed Frank you'll get thru....

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Salut Mes Zamis Sak Passe!

Wassup Folkz this is me Kyon Saucier also known as Mr Kyon on A4A or Creole Elf on BGC.... Aww come on now like none of y'all are ever on those sites, yeah you are 'cause I've seen you... LOL!

Enter my world for a second... What? Huh? Well yes there are Black People in the NW and yes we have a vibrant culture up here. I mean naw Seattle aint Atlanta or NYC or DC or Chicago or any other city with a huge Black Population, but it's my home and there are few places as beautiful... Not too mention in all of the NW Seattle and Tacoma have the highest Black Population. So come on enter the world of Kyon....Yon Yon Yon.... Sigh. I was trying to make an echo sound. Now look I I know I got some typos and things so be patient with me folkz.... Cause I get excited when I write... Okay there is no excuse 'cept that it's my page I do what I want! *smile*


C'EST MOI! IT'S ME!

C'EST MOI!  IT'S ME!
Sak Passe? WAZZUUUUUPPPPP!

Bishop

Bishop
Yeah when I was younger I could've been considered a geek. Always my eyes fixed upon a world none could see. Always seeking to escape from the mundane things of this life.

But a geek I think of as dreamer, someone one who delights in things outside of the ordinary.

Just Me Again

Just Me Again
And why not? Dreams were not meant for the sleeping times

For the ordinary world need not be such a boring place. There's always more than enough room for the things that make one smile.

Wolf Rider

Wolf Rider
Bear Claw

Blood Elven Prince

Blood Elven Prince
Worlds within worlds

Drow Hunting Party

Drow Hunting Party
Dark Elven Elegance

Adieu mes zamis....

Adieu mes zamis....
May the light of Elves shine upon you....I know it's corny but this is my page!