Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Oh my blog how I have missed ya. Especially when those wretched white people blocked you from me at work! okay so I had a nice weekend. I went to a party, saw my brother, bought a new fit (god I've needed new clothes for awhile)slept and chilled, and got some sex. Hey when ur in a relationship and the honeymoon period ends it kinda slows down. It's been all good. Well except that bout of paranoia I experienced on Sunday night but that was nothing.

I talked to my homie Demo yesterday and that was cool got a lil update about the folkz back in Portland. Very nice very nice. But do you know what excites me the most!? I have 2 readers!!! YAAAAAYYYY!!! I feel like a giddy white girl with money in SAKS! LOL!

To think someone actually reads this and comments it very nice and I am super excited about that. Who knows maybe I can visit them and we can go drinking and dancing and party and bullshit and shop and stuff! Okay well enough vapidness let's talk real shit.

So I finally saw Harry Potter. Great movie a must see in the theater. Lots of magic, Dolores Umbridge was a total bitch just as she was in novel, and Valdemort and Compagnie were diabolically powerful and wicked. I've got to get my hands on the last 2 books, they are supposed to be really good. Can't wait to read them.

I avoided the news today but read some interesting things on the Rwandan Genocide, A most sad and disturbing subject but one that deserves much attention especially from us of African Descent and if you don' know about it then learn. I got some reading for you:

1. Rwanda Means the Universe
2, The Rwanda Crisis
3. We Wish to Inform You that Tomorrow We will Die with our families.

Oh and check out the films Sometimes in April and Hotel Rwanda if you haven't seen them already. All of these mediums should give one an excellent understanding of geopolitical, colonial, post colonial, eugenic theories that brought about the Genocide. Check them out. An African in the Diaspora should know as much if not more about the Rwandan Holocaust as they know about the Jewish one.

Next topic:

Okay so in keeping with Africa in general do any of y'all ever wish we still retained our native tongues? By that I do not mean French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Dutch, or English, or Creoles and patois thereof. I mean our native Niger-Kongo group languages that our ancestors spoke before they unfortunately found themselves in our Holocaust on this side of the world. Well if you do here is your chance. I've assembled Kyon's African Dictionary, words I stumble across that are purely African ones that can enhance your vocabulary and allow you to...

Discuss things without everyone knowing what you mean. Unless they come from those African ethnic groups so here goes:

1. Intonde : Kinyrwandan and Barundi- The word is a description of a state of mind for BaTutsi of both nations. It is a word of pride meaning aristocratic, being able to lie well without others knowing, being stoic, holding it all in check, just keeping cool in a precarious situation even in the face of harm or death.

Sentence usage: That brotha has got madd intonde!

2. Ewu Gambia: Ibo- This is a curse word in Ibo and it describes Gambian goats which Ibos say are scraggly and no good. Very bad to call an Ibo fun to call people who are not familiar with the word because it sooooo bad to say.

Sentence Usage: Ewu Gambia scrub muthafucka!!!

3. Sharmuto: Somali- A Sharmuto in Somali is worse than a bitch, slut, hoe, all that. It's like a super evil, immoral bitch fish wad thing that pisses you off when he or she talks. Careful with this one do not say it in jest around Somalis it is a fighting word.

Sentence usage: You whoring ass sharmuto!

4. Muterabambazi: Kinyarwandan- In precolonial times a Muterabambazi was a Tutsi coquette who exuded beauty, grace and sophistication. This broad would give even Scarlett O'Hara southern princess she was a serious run for her money. Every man wanted her, few could hold her attention, and only one could have her. Especially because she was so picky and so honorable. This is a complement for any one male or female of the African Diaspora you know that has this feature.

Sentence usage: A true muterabambazi, few could even compare to your graces. To which the muterabambazi answers, I know.

5. Ubuntu: Zulu- Compassion or humlity. Ubuntu means this word and it should be said of those you know of Arican Diaspora who are kind and sweet, always ready to help, always soft with their words, and always supportive. Hold fast to such folk if you have them in your life mes zamis, they are important.

Sentence usage: Your ubuntu boo, that's what keeps me close to you.

Okay well that's alot said but that is enough today. Oh and well not really, I'm falling back into passion with Trumph, you know it comes and goes in waves. I looked at him the other day and thought, you know I am so lucky that I have this man. Even if he is a lil bit of a huberlue, he is such a treasure to me. So Trumph if you see this I love you so much and I wake up excited to see your face. Even if your breath is stinky, and ur groggy, and stuff. I love you.

Tell your folkz you love them and you know who stopped being depressed or at least you shouldn't be after you read this. Much love and more posts to follow PAIX!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky! I want to go to the Aquarium! The one here in Baltimore is nice, but pricy, and full of tourists in the summer. Anyway, I just stumbled upon your page and I'm enjoying it!

That Dude Right There said...

Now you have taught me some things to say to people that get on my nerves. I may get in trouble, but it'll be well worth it.

And believe me, you have more than 2 readers. But you only have 2 who comment.

And as for the renewed passion with Trumph, I fully understand. My feelings for Hollywood come and go also.

Air Jordans said...

Thanks for adding the new information, as well as your analysis. This is why your blog is one of the few I read that I also ever bother to comment on. I don't do it to hear myself talk - I do it because I know you actually listen.

Air Jordans said...

Thanks for adding the new information, as well as your analysis. This is why your blog is one of the few I read that I also ever bother to comment on. I don't do it to hear myself talk - I do it because I know you actually listen.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Salut Mes Zamis Sak Passe!

Wassup Folkz this is me Kyon Saucier also known as Mr Kyon on A4A or Creole Elf on BGC.... Aww come on now like none of y'all are ever on those sites, yeah you are 'cause I've seen you... LOL!

Enter my world for a second... What? Huh? Well yes there are Black People in the NW and yes we have a vibrant culture up here. I mean naw Seattle aint Atlanta or NYC or DC or Chicago or any other city with a huge Black Population, but it's my home and there are few places as beautiful... Not too mention in all of the NW Seattle and Tacoma have the highest Black Population. So come on enter the world of Kyon....Yon Yon Yon.... Sigh. I was trying to make an echo sound. Now look I I know I got some typos and things so be patient with me folkz.... Cause I get excited when I write... Okay there is no excuse 'cept that it's my page I do what I want! *smile*


C'EST MOI! IT'S ME!

C'EST MOI!  IT'S ME!
Sak Passe? WAZZUUUUUPPPPP!

Bishop

Bishop
Yeah when I was younger I could've been considered a geek. Always my eyes fixed upon a world none could see. Always seeking to escape from the mundane things of this life.

But a geek I think of as dreamer, someone one who delights in things outside of the ordinary.

Just Me Again

Just Me Again
And why not? Dreams were not meant for the sleeping times

For the ordinary world need not be such a boring place. There's always more than enough room for the things that make one smile.

Wolf Rider

Wolf Rider
Bear Claw

Blood Elven Prince

Blood Elven Prince
Worlds within worlds

Drow Hunting Party

Drow Hunting Party
Dark Elven Elegance

Adieu mes zamis....

Adieu mes zamis....
May the light of Elves shine upon you....I know it's corny but this is my page!