Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The world changes every time I post for life continues for all as time moves by. Happy Birthday to Frank Leon Roberts because he is turning 25!!! Yay for Frank. Another year of life is a blessing man and turning 25 is good. It makes you start to think harder about ur life. Plus personally I like it when people age because it takes the focus off of me. LOL!!! Okay so where to start where to start?

Trumph and I watched Bumpalump for the past 2 days. Or should I say, I watched Bumpalump for the past 2 days. Of course it was great. On Monday we went after work Trumph had a rehersal for a gig this Saturday so I took Bumpalump out with me to Capitol Hill. We had Jack in the Box, where he ate like a little person and not a whale, and then we wheeled around. He flirted with all the females he could. No doubt Bumpalump is hetero, there goes the theory that we Gay Men make little boys homo. Of course the women were putty in his little hands, and Bumpalump has never smiled wider. Then we went to the playground and Bumpalump swung and played with my guidance and under my ever watchful eyes. Caught the bus home where Bumpalump engaged a pretty young White Woman in a game of peek a boo. Came home and watched tv and we both fell asleep.

Yesterday Trumph, Bumpalump and I went to the Bellevue mall where we feasted on Gyros and allowed Bumpalump to walk about looking at different stores. Bumpalump's cuteness never gets old, each experience brings me closer to him and each laugh and smile is a most precious treasure to my heart. He went into a store that was blasting house and started dancing, he flirted with girls, he ran around (not that fast he more toddles)and just laughed and laughed. Delightful. We came home Trumph went out for drinks while me and Bumpalump watched the Singing Bee and America's got Talent before falling out. Good dayz both of them.

Last night as Bumpalump slept in my arms I saw a disturbing report about a 1 yr old little boy who was mauled by a pack of 7 dogs. Horrific! The real outrage though is that the Grandmother who witnessed the attack allowed her 1 yr old baby grandson to simply walk about 100 yards off by himself to the main road where the dogs attacked him. GOD WHY DO STUPID PEOPLE HAVE KIDZ!!???? I mean refer to my earlier posts on the subject but I don' care what anyone says if your kid gets hurt and you would've prevented it in a reasonable way I just don' think you should be allowed to keep them. WHO LETS A 1 YR OLD WALK ANYWHERE ALONE BY HIMSELF? The story made me so angry but it reinforced what I have always known. Caretakers of little ones be mindful of your children for the world has changed and htey are not safe in it.

I avoided the news today but I am aware of much of what's been happening in the world which will kind of be my segue way to this week's version of :

IT'S DA QUESTIONS DAWG, DA QUESTIONS

1. Why are some people so fucking stupid when it comes to looking after their children? Sorry but you know what if Bumpalump walked out of our apartment building crossed the street and climbed the fence to where the pit bull lives next door and was eaten because I allowed it to happen, just watched him like a fucking idiot and didn't stop it! It would kinda be my fault wouldn't it? Some of you people should not have even been allowed to make genetic copies of your selves in the first place, and since your parenting skills are obviously so inept you shouldn't get to keep your children either. All the people in the world that want to have kids, who've lost their children to war, horror, kidnappers and the like and you don't even safe guard the most important thing God has blessed you with. I could slap all of you shit less!

2. Isn't the phrase Never Again, the most hollow political statement you have ever heard? Never Again will people be murdered according to race, marked for wholesale extermination blah blah, meaningless increase your standing in the polls drivel. Uhmm look at the news it is happening in Darfur, Iraq, Burundi, God get a clue. Why not just say we won't let people who are European that live in countries of strategic importance be wiped from the earth? I mean for the US and EU those statements are much closer to the truth, and you all don't look like hypocrites watching people suffering and dying on the tv after you finish your evening dinners.

3. Lindsey, Lindsey, Lindsey... Oh you poor dear. Ms Lohan how do you call yourself clean and sober and then be found drunk with coke in your pocket? Honey I mean I been there but you know what after I left rehab I made sure I hung out with folkz that didn't do drugs! you might wanna try that after you get out of prison hon.

4. Do you think I sound like a White boy? Well you're right most people tell me I sound white. Which is not a compliment on so many levels. You are basically making yourself look like a fool when you utter such a thing to me in response to my speech patterns, insofar as you are buying into the notion that White is intelligent. I'm sorry I had no idea speaking with proper grammar and diction changed my racial phenotype. Plus I speak Creole very much like a Black person, so the next time someone says that dumb shit to you, kick them!

5. Why do people go there still at our more advanced ages and say shit like you aint Black enough or you aint a real nigga or foolishness like that? By the way what is being Black enough mean to you? Usually it is pointed to someone who may speak as I do in a way that demeans my African Diaspora heritage. Not an endearing thing to say to me at all. For those of you who say stupid shit like this check it, if you can name at least 20 capitols on the continent of Africa, if you can mention 10 tribes that your African Ancestors probably came from...And no sorry but none of you on this side of the world are Zulu or Ba Tutsi, none of them were taken as slaves, see how misinformed some of you are... If you can speak to the political happenings of at least 3-5 African nations right now, aside from Islamic Fundamentalism surfacing in the Magrheb because that is way to easy...And if you know at least 10 authentic African words than maybe just may you are as Black as Black me, how about that?

6. Speaking of Africa, do you know which country was the last to end African Slavery in the Americas, and what year that blessed event took place?

7. Does anyone really care about global warming or are we just all going to keep doing this stupid song and dance routine until the planet is so inhospitable to us as a species that we and all live on earth will be extinct? Yes I said all life even the roaches...

8. Do you know that if you have crabs you probably shouldn't go to your friend's houses or try and fool around with folkz until you've taken care of it? Oh and yes you know if you have it! What yeah right, itchy crotch is hardly an attractive quality.

9. Do you really think you are so much better than someone else that you have to demean them because you really are better than them, or are you just an insecure little bitch/bastard that in spite of all you have materially are an empty, hollow sou less reject that only God loves and he can barely stand your wretched ass sometimes?

10. Have you told the people close to you that you love today? No. Well go do it now!

This post will be long but I don't care.

My name is Kyon, which is Persian for warrior prince. My middle name is Jibrile, Arabic Somali intonation for the Arch Angel Gabriel. My last name is Saucier which means Saucemaker in Francais ben sur.

Now Kyon is a very common name in Iran. It's as common as Chris or Derrick, or Nathan is in the US. There is a story attached to this name and here it is. During the early days of the Abassid Caliphate Basra located in Southern Iraq was not a dessert as you see on tv today but marshland. In the marshes were salt flats and guess who got and processed that salt? African Slaves. Thousands of them. They were East African in origin and they also worked in massive irrigation projects. Eventually in about 869 after being fed up with their treatment they revolted hence the name of the revolts the Zanj revolts....Well here just read...


The Zanj Revolt (Arabic ,ثورة الزنج )took place in Southern Iraq near the city of Basra between 869 and 879 CE. [1]. They were led by ˤAlī ibn Muħammad, who claimed descent from Alī, the fourth Caliph, in a campaign against the central government based in Samarra.

Many scholars have argued that "the Zanj" were slaves from East Africa since the term Zanj describes the East African coast. There were large numbers of people imported from East Africa via Somali and Ethiopian ports from interior as far as Southern Sudan. The slaves were mainly used to work on the massive irrigation projects of the area. Bedouins, Arab mercenaries, and others from the region joined Alī's fight against the central government. The origin of the word "Zanj" comes from Arabic, and is related to the names in East Africa of "Zanzibar" which is also known to have 9th century links to the Middle East.

Reasons for the revolt
People joined the revolt for many reasons. The majority of slaves joined due to poor treatment and working conditions (they were arguably the worst treated slaves in the Islamic world), while others joined to fight for a purer or Shi'ite or Fatimite form of Islām.


Scale of the Revolt
For some 14 years, they succeeded in achieving remarkable military victories and even building their own capital--Moktara, the Elect City, which at its peak was within 70 miles of Baghdad. Moktara had huge resources that allowed the building of no less than six impregnable towns in which there were arsenals for the manufacture of weapons and battleships.

End of Revolt
The revolt eventually subsided, with the capture and execution of Alī after the fall of the Zanj capital city of al-Mukhtara..

How this relates to my name is that Ali was originally a Dinka prince from Sudan, who found himself enlaved by the Arabs. He learned Persian and Arabic and converted to Islam, whihc gave him the impetus to stage this revolt. During the time before he became a Musil however he boasted often of his arostocratic hisotry and was mocked by his masters as Kyon... In the end he showed them when he led the revolt which sacked Basra at least twice, and his name lives on in Iran and parts of Iraq today... The ancestors said as long as one is remembered he is never forgotten. Therefore Ali/ Kyon with my name I honor you. You live on you are not forgotten.

PAIX!

2 comments:

That Dude Right There said...

Well damn, you had a lot on your mind. But I am glad that you have given us a history lesson on the people of Africa. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Man, I'm so feeling you on 4, 5, 7, 9 & 10


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Salut Mes Zamis Sak Passe!

Wassup Folkz this is me Kyon Saucier also known as Mr Kyon on A4A or Creole Elf on BGC.... Aww come on now like none of y'all are ever on those sites, yeah you are 'cause I've seen you... LOL!

Enter my world for a second... What? Huh? Well yes there are Black People in the NW and yes we have a vibrant culture up here. I mean naw Seattle aint Atlanta or NYC or DC or Chicago or any other city with a huge Black Population, but it's my home and there are few places as beautiful... Not too mention in all of the NW Seattle and Tacoma have the highest Black Population. So come on enter the world of Kyon....Yon Yon Yon.... Sigh. I was trying to make an echo sound. Now look I I know I got some typos and things so be patient with me folkz.... Cause I get excited when I write... Okay there is no excuse 'cept that it's my page I do what I want! *smile*


C'EST MOI! IT'S ME!

C'EST MOI!  IT'S ME!
Sak Passe? WAZZUUUUUPPPPP!

Bishop

Bishop
Yeah when I was younger I could've been considered a geek. Always my eyes fixed upon a world none could see. Always seeking to escape from the mundane things of this life.

But a geek I think of as dreamer, someone one who delights in things outside of the ordinary.

Just Me Again

Just Me Again
And why not? Dreams were not meant for the sleeping times

For the ordinary world need not be such a boring place. There's always more than enough room for the things that make one smile.

Wolf Rider

Wolf Rider
Bear Claw

Blood Elven Prince

Blood Elven Prince
Worlds within worlds

Drow Hunting Party

Drow Hunting Party
Dark Elven Elegance

Adieu mes zamis....

Adieu mes zamis....
May the light of Elves shine upon you....I know it's corny but this is my page!