Saturday, August 04, 2007

So last night after work I got fresh and clean and then Trumph and I headed out for a night of carousing. Aie Mon Dieu I got so drunk last night when it was all said and done. We had pizza at Mama's first to make sure we didn't drink on empty stomach because I don' know about y'all but it aint about praying to the porcelain god.

Then we headed out to R Place, one of the major Black boy hangouts on Capitol Hill left for the Crescent, the sleazy karaoke bar on the Hill, and then headed back to RPlace to dance the night away. Picked up some friends on the way and had crew going, dropped them off, they gave us gas money...Well at least they did after I suggested that they should... Then we came home. I woke up this morning with a hangover that was no joke.

I hate hangovers it's like u wanna puke, take a dump, u feel hungry but u caint eat, and your all dried out inside, like the water just has been leeched from ya body. Not a fun feeling. Ahhh bien I suppose that's the price I pay for as Reddman put it "alcoholic bliss". I like the bliss part it's the after effects I aint feeling.

So by now I'm sure you all are thinking so wassup wit this kat Kyon? I mean are there really that many Black People in the North West? Whats da T? Well I'll break it down for you.

Unlike the majority of you who live in cities with very large Populations of The People and have clubs that are for or patronized mostly by The People be they straight or gay in the NW the numbers are smaller. We in fact do not even have Black Gay Clubs, straight ones yeah kind of but there are always Others around.
See Washington, Oregon, Montana, and Idaho (an evil place don't ever go there the Nazis will catch you and lynch and you will never be heard from again...And I am not joking at all. At all costs avoid Idaho, if you have to go there drive through it quickly and swiftly. The People are not welcomed in that evil place.), were all part of the Oregon Territory. When the issue of Statehood came up to simply avoid a fight on Slavery all 4 states passed laws which are still in the state constitutions that No Negros or Mulattoes are allowed to even be in those states. So there you have it. Oh of course we came in small waves to Washington and Oregon but not most of the Great Migration of The People from the South headed to the East Coast or Midwest, some to California, very few to our region of the US.

In fact in Oregon where I used to live the Klan was quite active in times past and many of those small lovely little Oregon towns like Roseburg, Ashland, and Grants Pass had sundown laws. Portland the major city of Oregon was segregated up until 1959.

However we do have a community that is homegrown in Oregon and Washington of the People which is augmented by our cousins from Afrika, mostly Habashas (Ethiopians call themselves this word -Amharas, Tygrans, and Oromos) and Somalis. Infact I live in the Central District, one of the traditionally Black areas of Seattle in a quarter of the CD that I call Ge'ez (It is the word Ethiopians call Ethiopia). Within a 5 block radius of our apartment there are at least 8 Habasha restaurants and a community center as well. It's cool. They are kind to me and some of the males are quite easy on the eyes. Plus I get mistaken for Oromo alot anyways so it's kinda cool but the only word I know it tenesh tenesh which means how are you doing and you really can't carry on a conversation saying that over and over again. I tried to once and the guy thought I was psychotic.

An interesting thing though, the neighborhood I live in is gentrifying ( I know big surprise right where is that not taking place) so it's like we drug deals on the corner sometimes but then you go up the hill and it's like another world with galleries and sunny dis positioned White People sipping lattes. I dunno just a weird contrast.

Now how we talk up here to many of you would be a shock. No amongst each other we think we sound "Black" "Ebonical" you know what I mean that ethnic accent that we have. However it was not until I left the NW that I found that we don't sound like that to other of the People from around the country. Everyone one I have met has told I me I sounded White, which I suppose in a way compared to some from the ATL or Chitown or DC or Bmore that suppose we do,. But don' get it twisted we still Black you try and break me off and I'll break off a piece of yo' ass! Oh and by the way I find East Coast accents to be some sexy. I love it when they talk, one time I met this dude from NYC, he was handsome but not phyne but that accent and that cocky swagger that you East Coaster Brothas have...You just exude confidence and well he did too and he talked me right out of my drawls...*smile*... Good times....

The racism here is subtle in the big cities, a bit unsettling in the little towns in that they just stare, but rarely ever threatening though who knows with the sneaky white folkz up here how they think. I'd not be surprised if plans for our destruction were found on them. These White Folkz in the NW smile in your face and talk about diversity all the while sharpening the knife to shove in the small of your back later.

The Black Community is not as united as it should be, and the Black Gay Community is snobbish but the snobbery is something that everyone who is from somewhere else finds laughable.

It does rain alot in Seattle though the price we pay for so much green but it still so lovely here. Words can't convey, and we have an abundance in animal life. I told you little about my sea friends, but we have Wolves, coyote, deer, elk, moose, foxes, black bears, mountain goats, bighorn sheep, and all the little forest critters. Raccoons whihc are so cute but scary as hell and their friends. There is an abundance of water here, from the sea to the lakes right inside the city limits, we even have a rain forest in Seattle. Yeah for real we do. SO obviously all of us even me a little bit like the outdoors up here.

Well I suppose I enlightened you a little bit more about my city and your cousins up here in the NW. All in all it isn't so bad. Beautiful, laid back, definitely a slower pace...Not os much the tree hugging granola folk that you see us portrayed as, at least not The People but White folkz do act like that at times many of them...It's home. If you get a chance come up here though it is lovely.

Well I'm sure my day will be fun today so I'll get at you folkz later and have a great weekend. A tout alors (until then).... Smile at babies, sing with birds, smell the flowers, tell your friends and loved ones that you love them, and have fun...Hey! HEY!! No fighting okay. Aiight PAIX!!!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Salut Mes Zamis Sak Passe!

Wassup Folkz this is me Kyon Saucier also known as Mr Kyon on A4A or Creole Elf on BGC.... Aww come on now like none of y'all are ever on those sites, yeah you are 'cause I've seen you... LOL!

Enter my world for a second... What? Huh? Well yes there are Black People in the NW and yes we have a vibrant culture up here. I mean naw Seattle aint Atlanta or NYC or DC or Chicago or any other city with a huge Black Population, but it's my home and there are few places as beautiful... Not too mention in all of the NW Seattle and Tacoma have the highest Black Population. So come on enter the world of Kyon....Yon Yon Yon.... Sigh. I was trying to make an echo sound. Now look I I know I got some typos and things so be patient with me folkz.... Cause I get excited when I write... Okay there is no excuse 'cept that it's my page I do what I want! *smile*


C'EST MOI! IT'S ME!

C'EST MOI!  IT'S ME!
Sak Passe? WAZZUUUUUPPPPP!

Bishop

Bishop
Yeah when I was younger I could've been considered a geek. Always my eyes fixed upon a world none could see. Always seeking to escape from the mundane things of this life.

But a geek I think of as dreamer, someone one who delights in things outside of the ordinary.

Just Me Again

Just Me Again
And why not? Dreams were not meant for the sleeping times

For the ordinary world need not be such a boring place. There's always more than enough room for the things that make one smile.

Wolf Rider

Wolf Rider
Bear Claw

Blood Elven Prince

Blood Elven Prince
Worlds within worlds

Drow Hunting Party

Drow Hunting Party
Dark Elven Elegance

Adieu mes zamis....

Adieu mes zamis....
May the light of Elves shine upon you....I know it's corny but this is my page!