Monday, August 06, 2007

Today is a strange day. Trumph is in dark humour and I am just kinda like wahtever. Work was pleasant but I feel drained. A most typical Monday. Some young Somali boy asked me to use my headphones and I told him no. I think I was kind of rude to him and I didn't mean to be but I don' know the young brotha and I certainly don' have the deisre to chase anyone down this evening. Aie aie qul un jour... Ahhh bien I suppose I should tell what's in my head. Perhaps do some serious reflection.

1. A friend of mine is dhaving some health crises and I'm not sure what do with that especially when it may be something I shall face in a way with Trunmph...

2. I have learned that life is what you make of it but sometimes it is so damn hard. Perhaps it because we make it so but I just wonder sometimes why it feels like I'm so lonely? I have a man, I lead and aiight life. Certainly I'm not rich but that's okay. Material things are nice but I mean I go on with what I got. Perhaps in just a tiny way I'm homesick? Longing for my friends a little. Seattle is wonderful but I am so lonely and I am so very unconventional. I don't care what people say it is so hard to make new friends and many of my relationships feel so surface. The only person that really kknows me is my and while that is not bad, I've learned that men can change and so it aint all good either.

3. There is so much I want to do but so much of life that seems to encumber me. I mean here I am, a former drug addict. Just the label fills me with shame. You have no idea what I did sometimes, you will never know but I wasn't always so like I am now. I was but that was before him and his introduction of that crap and oh if only I could go back. Time does heal all wounds but the wonds are still there just the same, beneath the scar tisse and sometimes it just hurts...

I know I wll be okay but I just had to let that out. So let's learn shall we? I belive we shall. So first of all the answer one of the questions in the questions dawg that questions was Brazil and the year that the slave trade ended there was in 1900. Actually too the last country to have slaves of African Descent was Saudi Arabia which ended there slavery in 1960. So there is one fact.

Here is the next one. Do any of you have any idea how large and vast the African Diaspora is? I didn't before today but I found out that there are Black Communities not only in the Middle East but also in SOuth Asia called the Sidis. SO y'all can read about them here:

History
The Siddis (also called Habshi, from Arabic حبشي abashi, Abyssinian) are a black African people in India. Siddis possess large amounts of sub-Saharan African DNA. They mostly came from eastern Africa and some were sold as slaves in the Indian subcontinent by Arab merchants in medieval times. Others also came of their own volition as soldiers or mercenaries, sailors and merchants.

In Western India (today's Indian states of Gujarat and Maharashtra), the Habshi gained a reputation as being physically powerful and fiercely loyal. This made them popular amongst the local princes as mercenaries. The 17th century saw the largest influx of Siddis, as many were sold to Hindu princes by Arab and Portuguese slave traders. Despite their reputation as good fighters, many were also used as domestic servants and farm labourers. Some Siddi slaves escaped into the forests to form their own communities.

In fact, small Siddi kingdoms were established in western India in Janjira and Jaffrabad as early as the twelfth century. The island of Janjira was formerly called Habshan, meaning the land of the Habshis. A few rulers of Bengal in the 15th century were of Habshi descent. The Habshis also played an important role in the history of Western India, particularly in the struggle between the Marathas and the Mughal empire; with the Habshis often aligning themselves with the Mughals. Even during the British colonial period, Siddis attained numerous military and governmental leadership positions.

Siddis of Junagadh
Presented as slaves by the Portuguese to the local Nawab of Junagadh, a local Prince, the Siddis also live around Gir Forest National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary, the last refuge in the world of the almost extinct Asiatic Lions, in Junagadh a district of the state of Gujarat, India.

"On the way to Deva-dungar is the quaint village of Sisvan, inhabited entirely by Siddis, a tribe of African people. They were brought 300 years ago from Africa, by the Portuguese for the Nawab of Junagadh. Today, they are more Indian than African and follow very few of their original customs, with a few exceptions like the traditional Dhamal dance."

There are at least a couple of theories to explain the origin of the terms "Siddi" and "Habshi", which is what Siddis were/are called in parts of western India. Most experts agree that the word "Habshi" comes from the Arabic word "Habashi," from the Ethiosemitic word Habesha, meaning "Abyssinian" (Ethiopian).[citation needed] Most of the Habshi came from pagan areas in Western southwestern Ethiopia (see SNNPR and Benishangul-Gumuz Region for a rough estimation) that were often raided for slaves by the (Habesha) Christian highlanders, lands often outside of the areas subject or vassal to the Ethiopian emperor.[1][2] Similarly to the evolution of the term "Ethiopia," (previously used to refer to Africa south of Egypt in general or Nubia in particular), the term "Habasha" in Arabic though referring specifically to Ethiopia and Ethiopians was often applied to describe all black peoples. One theory of the origin of Siddi is that, after conversion to Islam, some Habshi called themselves Sayyadi (descendants of Muhammad), from which came "Siddi".[citation needed]

Some scholars (and many Siddis) claim that the word Siddi is an expression of respectful address commonly used in North Africa (see Sidi), like Sahib in India or Sir in England. Specifically, it is said to be an honorific title given to the descendants of African natives in the west of India, some of whom were distinguished military officers and administrators of the Muslim princes of the Deccan.


Present Status
They occupy the bottom rung of the Indian caste system, and exist mainly on the margins of Indian society. Siddis have adopted the indigenous religions (There are Hindu, Christian and Muslim Siddis), food, and customs of India; though remnants of their African heritage are retained in their music. Their "Dhamal dance" is part of the cultural heritage of Andhra Pradesh. Siddis are employed mainly in the agricultural sector.


See and some of you thought that whole India fade R&B was going through a couple of years was just a thing. Who knew that we have cousins living on the Indian Subcontinent. It's so funny that we are as varied outside of Africa as we were/are within Africa.

I dunno I'm kinda just like blah. Maybe I'll feel better after I eat. Sorry I've no witicisms this day. Just chilling having a time to emote. Which is good. Trumph worries me sometimes. Not for my life or anything I just I dunno...I love him and I love myself but sometimes I wonder is this going to be forever...What if he doesn't change the aspects about him that irritate me the most. He is still being lazy about certain things...Should I stay or go...?

I have just so much on my mind today and then nothing at all. That I suppose is life. I suppose I'll conclude this post with a poem.

Starry nights which burn in patchwork skies over seas of crystal that just stretch on and on and on, where the ocean touches the heaven and they become one,
With the voices of selkies singing softly in a chorus with the waves...
This is where you shall find me.

Okay so it aint to long but it made me feel better....Paix mes zamis show love to those who need it and be strong enough to receive love back in return, and don' worry about me I will be okay. I always find the answers I seek because I have learned to listen....

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Salut Mes Zamis Sak Passe!

Wassup Folkz this is me Kyon Saucier also known as Mr Kyon on A4A or Creole Elf on BGC.... Aww come on now like none of y'all are ever on those sites, yeah you are 'cause I've seen you... LOL!

Enter my world for a second... What? Huh? Well yes there are Black People in the NW and yes we have a vibrant culture up here. I mean naw Seattle aint Atlanta or NYC or DC or Chicago or any other city with a huge Black Population, but it's my home and there are few places as beautiful... Not too mention in all of the NW Seattle and Tacoma have the highest Black Population. So come on enter the world of Kyon....Yon Yon Yon.... Sigh. I was trying to make an echo sound. Now look I I know I got some typos and things so be patient with me folkz.... Cause I get excited when I write... Okay there is no excuse 'cept that it's my page I do what I want! *smile*


C'EST MOI! IT'S ME!

C'EST MOI!  IT'S ME!
Sak Passe? WAZZUUUUUPPPPP!

Bishop

Bishop
Yeah when I was younger I could've been considered a geek. Always my eyes fixed upon a world none could see. Always seeking to escape from the mundane things of this life.

But a geek I think of as dreamer, someone one who delights in things outside of the ordinary.

Just Me Again

Just Me Again
And why not? Dreams were not meant for the sleeping times

For the ordinary world need not be such a boring place. There's always more than enough room for the things that make one smile.

Wolf Rider

Wolf Rider
Bear Claw

Blood Elven Prince

Blood Elven Prince
Worlds within worlds

Drow Hunting Party

Drow Hunting Party
Dark Elven Elegance

Adieu mes zamis....

Adieu mes zamis....
May the light of Elves shine upon you....I know it's corny but this is my page!