Wednesday, August 22, 2007

So no responses to the Iraqi thing but one. Well I figured as much I probably wasn't telling anyone anything they didn't know but I just thought maybe some helpful analysis would do good. Whatevah.

Anyways life is okay. Work has been interesting, not bad at all just work. U know at first I thought I had nothing to say but now I do. Now this once again is a purely Northwestern phenom or at least I hope it is but these White Gay Men! Oh shit I'm so fucking tired of them sometimes.

Lately White men have been hitting on me or engaging me in discussions of race while drunk. Both aggravate the fuck of out of me. Firstly White Gay Men in the NW seem to touch and grope and sorry I don' know where da fuck ur hands have been don' fuckin touch me! Secondly, I dunno my pictures are on, you have all have an idea what I look like maybe. I know some men have their types and that's cool, it's not as if I don' have one but do I look like I am fetish. You know the only Chocolate surprise I want is in a Hostess wrapper. Still I get it all the time.

Like last night. Some White man approaches me talking about he wants to have an affair, and I'm so gorgeous and all this bullshit. So I don' turn him away per se, I mean shit I'm having a beer unwinding after work it's all good. He starts off with his Gay white boy thing and I'm like whatever, he tells me about his job in the mortgage business and how he has noticed Black People tend to be poorer than white people (no offense intended he repeats) and I just look and listen waiting for the moment when he offers to buy me a drink cause that was the only reason I was suffering his presence (hey if I'm tipsy or drunk I can deal with just about any annoyance), then he starts tyring to touch me, and all this. I dunno.

Lately the White Gay Men I meet are getting very racist, and very insulting and I am finding that I am loosing patience. I don' really like White People but I deal with them. I find White Homosexual Males to be one of the singularly most annoying people I have ever had to deal with, but I give 'em kind of a pass for liking dick but lately I am just sick of them.

I mean these men approach me and start talking about racism, make some ignorant ass comment, make allusions to my dick size, and sexual statements about chocolate and shit am I supposed to be like (in their minds at least) ohhh aren't you sweet.

It's times like this when I envy many of you my readers. This is not to say that you in the bigger cities do not have to deal with this, but I know when you do it is few and far in between...Well unless you're a Sno Queen and then well you get what you pay for don't ya?

Yeah I can't stand White Gay Men. They whine about shit, some of which is legitimate but really please. You've suffered? Try being me and men that look like me and come again? I mean I often feel so out of touch with the greater White Gay Community in Seattle cause that isn't me, and mine. Not my Gay or Bi friends at least. It just ain't. We have other things more pressing than whether or not we can get married. I'll take a civil union.

Capitol Hill is great but I care more about the CD and South Seattle where people that look like me live. I know I know I'm preaching to the choir. I suppose I just need to vent a bit because unlike in the South or East Coast or even many parts of the MidWest in the North West when you are Black and Gay you are such a minority. There is no escaping that fact and no way to even attempt to court hte illusion that you aren't. And that shit can be draining.

Well anyways I found some new movie trailers today. SO there is this great Graphic Novel series called 30 Days of Night about Vampires that attack this town in Alaska called Barrow. They are making it into a movie and I can't wait to see it. Y'all know I love my horror films. This one looks so good to that it made me forget the Zombies. So I got a trailer for you on that.

I also read something very disturbing today that bothered me about honor killings. Basically honor killings happen in many parts of the Islamic World mostly though it is an Arab/Kurdish/Persian/Afghan/Pakistani/Bengali Muslim phenomenon where a woman does something improper either in deed or by rumor with some man and ends up getting killed by male relatives or males in the employ of her family to restore the familial honor. This honor killing of young Yazidi Kurdish Woman was particularly painful to my spirit and mind blowing.
I know it happens still but to see the pictures...Aie aie.

Du’a Khalil Aswad (c. 1989 or 1990 – c. April 7, 2007) was a 17-year-old Iraqi Kurd of the Yazidi faith who was stoned to death in an honor killing.[1] It is believed that she was killed around April 7, 2007, but the incident did not come to light until video of the stoning, apparently recorded on a mobile phone, appeared on the Internet.

Motive
Some reports say Aswad was murdered for having converted to Islam to marry an Iraqi Sunni Muslim boy.[1][3] It is disputed whether or not she actually converted to Islam; some reports say the Sunni boyfriend has denied that she had.[1] Other sources instead indicate that Aswad was killed in punishment for being absent from her home one night.[4]

Asylum and return
Some news agencies reported that Aswad was being sheltered by a Yazidi tribal leader in Bashika in fear of her life until her family persuaded her that she had been forgiven and could return home.[4] Other reports indicate that she was instead given asylum by a local Muslim Sheikh.[2] It is not known whether the same members of her family that convinced her to return home were responsible for her death. It is not clear from the video whether she was ambushed while returning to her home, or if the mob stormed her home and dragged her into the street. Estimates of the number of attackers range from one thousand[2] to two thousand[5] men.

Stoning
Stills from the video of the stoningThe incident took place in Bashika, a town in Ninawa Governorate, and was filmed on mobile phones and widely distributed throughout the Internet.[6] Aswad was apparently stripped of her clothing down to her undergarments,[2] allegedly this symbolized that she had dishonored her family and religion.[2] During the stoning, which lasted approximately 30 minutes, Aswad can be seen in the video attempting to sit up and calling for help as the crowd taunts her and repeatedly throws a large chunk of rock or concrete on her head.[2] A man can then be heard declaring "Kill her!" in Arabic. Finally an unidentified man steps up and finishes her off with a rock to the face. After her death her body was apparently taken to the edge of the town and burned. Then she was buried with the remains of a dog, allegedly to demonstrate that she was worthless.[7] An autopsy revealed that Du’a Khalil Aswad died of a fractured skull and spine.[8]
It is believed Aswad's murder caused a reprisal attack in Mosul, in which 23 Yazidis were killed.[9] Both her murder and the reprisal were condemned by Amnesty International[4] and by the Kurdistan Regional Government which asked the federal government to investigate.[10] Authorities in northern Iraq have arrested four people in connection with the killing.
A protest of Aswad's killing in Arbil attracted hundreds of Iraqi citizens who called for an end to honor killings.

She was from her pitures a lovely girl and it was horrific to watch. I'm deciding to post this because sometimes we need to see inhumanity. It helps us to be less complacent. I have no doubt in regards to this incident though that this wouldn't have happened if our government took a greater interest in the lives of Iraqi People instead of trying to steal their oil while they murder each other due to in part to our meddling... At any rate here is some more information I suppose on Iraq anyways in spite of my not wanting to talk about Iraq today. I wonder has the situation truly improved by our presence. I think not. Women in Iraq have less rights today then they ever did. It is ironic that under Saddam and the Baath Party Iraqi Women had the most comprehensive rights package of women anywhere in the Middle East except Israel. Now we have honor killings.

Well I hope I gave you guys something to think about. Be blessed, show love and have a good night. I will talk about happier things in the coming days. I promise. PAIX!!!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Salut Mes Zamis Sak Passe!

Wassup Folkz this is me Kyon Saucier also known as Mr Kyon on A4A or Creole Elf on BGC.... Aww come on now like none of y'all are ever on those sites, yeah you are 'cause I've seen you... LOL!

Enter my world for a second... What? Huh? Well yes there are Black People in the NW and yes we have a vibrant culture up here. I mean naw Seattle aint Atlanta or NYC or DC or Chicago or any other city with a huge Black Population, but it's my home and there are few places as beautiful... Not too mention in all of the NW Seattle and Tacoma have the highest Black Population. So come on enter the world of Kyon....Yon Yon Yon.... Sigh. I was trying to make an echo sound. Now look I I know I got some typos and things so be patient with me folkz.... Cause I get excited when I write... Okay there is no excuse 'cept that it's my page I do what I want! *smile*


C'EST MOI! IT'S ME!

C'EST MOI!  IT'S ME!
Sak Passe? WAZZUUUUUPPPPP!

Bishop

Bishop
Yeah when I was younger I could've been considered a geek. Always my eyes fixed upon a world none could see. Always seeking to escape from the mundane things of this life.

But a geek I think of as dreamer, someone one who delights in things outside of the ordinary.

Just Me Again

Just Me Again
And why not? Dreams were not meant for the sleeping times

For the ordinary world need not be such a boring place. There's always more than enough room for the things that make one smile.

Wolf Rider

Wolf Rider
Bear Claw

Blood Elven Prince

Blood Elven Prince
Worlds within worlds

Drow Hunting Party

Drow Hunting Party
Dark Elven Elegance

Adieu mes zamis....

Adieu mes zamis....
May the light of Elves shine upon you....I know it's corny but this is my page!