Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bonjou! Ca va mes amis? Well I hope. So everyone seems to be talking about a Raisin in the Sun. It was actually very good. Sean John or whatver the hell he calls himself now was excellent and Mme Rashad was brillant. All of the actors were good. I read the play once so it was cool to see it brought to life, I had never actually watched it performed. The one time I was going to I got board and changed the channel. So kudos to ABC for that one.

Aie mo Grand Met, the guy who is sitting next ot me stinks. See I start blogging and get interrupted by FUNK and not the good musical kind. Aie aie.... Oh well if I breath slowly I won't inhale his stench. God what the hell is that? Wet dogg. Well he is a beke (white person) and you know how they can stink sometimes.

I just got my haircut so I look pretty damn good not like a wild man that I did before. Trumph's birthday is fast approaching so we're going to go out dancing that night, it's what he wants to do and then I'm going to give him some money this upcoming week when I get paid. Ya''l know how it is this was the bill check. The weather in Seattle has been beautiful lately it is sunny and warm for Seattle at this time of year and I am loving it. The sun is making me feel a sense of lightness that I have missed and most certainly do welcome.

I've just been chilling enjoying life. You know just getting thru the daily grind and such. Sometimes life is like that domestic bliss which is slightly boring. Trumph has been as bit snippy as of late but things seem to be turning around a bit for him. All in all home life is well, work life is well, I don't have neough money but that always seems to be the case. I blame the economy and the falling strength of the dollar.

I have been thinking about my vacation and I think I really want to visit NYC. I have not been there as an adult and my friend Cliff is saying he can get Trumph, Mike (his BF, himself, and myself a room for like 25 bucks a nt, and a nice one a that. I want to go. I think it would be fun. Or Florida. For some reason I just want to go to Florida. Be in the sun, rest by the sea.

So Part my post today has to deal with Sharks! AHHHH! Yes sharks. Those intelligent, fascinating, and at times dangerous predators of the deep.

Man dies after shark attack off Florida By BRIAN SKOLOFF, Associated Press Writer
Mon Feb 25, 11:20 PM ET

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - An Austrian tourist died Monday after being bitten by a shark while diving near the Bahamas in waters that had been baited with bloody fish parts to attract the predators.

Markus Groh, 49, a Vienna lawyer and diving enthusiast, was on a commercial dive trip Sunday when he was bitten about 50 miles off the coast of Fort Lauderdale, said Karlick Arthur, Austrian counsel general in Miami.

Groh was in the open water without a cage or similar protection.

The crew aboard the Shear Water, of Riviera Beach-based Scuba Adventures, immediately called the U.S. Coast Guard, which received a mayday from the vessel, said Petty Officer 3rd Class Nick Ameen.

Groh was airlifted to a hospital, where he died. Groh was bitten on the leg, Ameen said, but he could not be more specific about the extent of his injuries.

It was unclear what type of shark was involved in the attack. The shark got away before anyone could identify the species.

The Miami-Dade Medical Examiner's Office declined to comment, citing an ongoing investigation by the Miami-Dade Police Department. A telephone message left for police was not immediately returned.

A woman who answered the telephone at Scuba Adventures on Monday said the company had no comment.

The company's Web site says it offers the opportunity to get "face to face" with sharks. The site explains that its hammerhead and tiger shark expeditions in the Bahamas are "unique shark trips ... run exclusively for shark enthusiasts and photographers."

To ensure "the best results we will be 'chumming' the water with fish and fish parts," the Web site explains. "Consequently, there will be food in the water at the same time as the divers. Please be aware that these are not 'cage' dives, they are open water experiences."

Now I have some issues with this. First all of what the hell? You see not all sharks attack people or a re dangerous to humans however there are definitely some species that are. Great Whites, Tiger sharks, Lemon Sharks, Mako Sharks (which can swim at speeds of 90 mph), Hammerheads, and Bull Sharks definately do and have killed humans. Now most of the time a person dies from being bitten by the shark as opposed to being eaten. Most sharks don't like the taste of human flesh ( there are exceptions, Bull Sharks will actively hunt humans as prey, and there have been cases where sharks will eat people if habituated to a human food source, ie our African Ancestors being thrown overboard from slave ships which sharks would allows follow.) however the one bite is all it takes. The tooth of sharks is like a thousand edged razor designed to grips, tear, dice, and slice flesh with precision.

That's what happened to old boy from Osterreich (Austria), he was bitten and the bite cut clean through his veins and he bled out to death. However it is not the sharks fault. This was a provoked attack, and I'm putting this up here to let y'all know the difference. We all know that sharks are attracted to the smell of blood. They can smell it at least 20 -50 miles away. So if someone is chumming the water you should not be swimming in it. Now this Austrian was hand feeding this shark in the water, in chummed water and the shark got excited, went for the fish and bit the Guy. Opps the shark's bad, but hey the guy was in the sharks house, not in my opinion respecting the shark so he got what was coming.

So here are some ways to keep yourself safe from sharks.

1. Avoid swimming in murky or cloudy water as it is in these environments sharks will hunt. Also avoid swimming at night or dawn, another time when sharks are active. Sharks hunt not only by smell and sight but by bio electrical impulses which all living things make and sound. You know what swimming humans sound like to sharks. A wounded_____ you fill in the blank, put fish, seal, sea lion, sea turtle, or even dolphin calf but that is what we sound like and a hungry shark will investigate, will maybe bump you first or just lunge and take a bite.

2. Avoid swimming with cuts or bruises that are open. Blood in the water attracts who? Right sharks. Good.

3. Avoid swimming in areas where seals or sea lions live. So many people have been killed especially by Great Whites because they want to swim with the seals or the sea lions. OR surf near them. Which might sound cute but it is very dangerous. Sharks hunt in these same places and sharks ambush from below. Meaning they strike upwards in a powerful lunge teeth at the ready. A swimming human or worse a human on a surfboard has the same outline in the water as a seal or sea lion well the Great White will find out to late your not one only after it's mangled your body. Too late for you at least.

4. Finally use common sense. Do not ever underestimate wild animals whether on land or sea. They are wild and they will respond to certain things with aggression, things that we may not mean as humans to be threatening. And for the love of God don't go swimming with sharks in chummed water unless your in a cage. Trust me, you will thank me when you're still breathing after such an experience.

Well that's all guyz.

Adieu.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Salut Mes Zamis Sak Passe!

Wassup Folkz this is me Kyon Saucier also known as Mr Kyon on A4A or Creole Elf on BGC.... Aww come on now like none of y'all are ever on those sites, yeah you are 'cause I've seen you... LOL!

Enter my world for a second... What? Huh? Well yes there are Black People in the NW and yes we have a vibrant culture up here. I mean naw Seattle aint Atlanta or NYC or DC or Chicago or any other city with a huge Black Population, but it's my home and there are few places as beautiful... Not too mention in all of the NW Seattle and Tacoma have the highest Black Population. So come on enter the world of Kyon....Yon Yon Yon.... Sigh. I was trying to make an echo sound. Now look I I know I got some typos and things so be patient with me folkz.... Cause I get excited when I write... Okay there is no excuse 'cept that it's my page I do what I want! *smile*


C'EST MOI! IT'S ME!

C'EST MOI!  IT'S ME!
Sak Passe? WAZZUUUUUPPPPP!

Bishop

Bishop
Yeah when I was younger I could've been considered a geek. Always my eyes fixed upon a world none could see. Always seeking to escape from the mundane things of this life.

But a geek I think of as dreamer, someone one who delights in things outside of the ordinary.

Just Me Again

Just Me Again
And why not? Dreams were not meant for the sleeping times

For the ordinary world need not be such a boring place. There's always more than enough room for the things that make one smile.

Wolf Rider

Wolf Rider
Bear Claw

Blood Elven Prince

Blood Elven Prince
Worlds within worlds

Drow Hunting Party

Drow Hunting Party
Dark Elven Elegance

Adieu mes zamis....

Adieu mes zamis....
May the light of Elves shine upon you....I know it's corny but this is my page!