Wednesday, December 19, 2007

So another cold and rainy day, anothwer day I breathe, another day to be thankful for my many blessings. Noel is coming ever closer and my shopping is done merci le Bon Dieu pou ca. Next week is my Fete du Noel for which I am very excited about. My guest shall be arriving and all I have to is cook. Which won't be hard. I'm going to fry some chicken wingettes and serve some frozen egg rolls (unfrozen bien sur/of course). I love cooking so that will not be difficile pou moi and of course I'll have some help. It looks to be a lovely evening.

Another development du Noel, so en Dimanche my parents and my brothers (I have 2 half brother via my mother and stepfather) are arriving in Seattle so we (my maternal family) can celebrate Noel early. Since I'm broke right now due to Noel and I am sure my parents will give a brotha some d'argent (cash) that will be most welcome. Plus I suppose it is going to be nice to see them all. It has been awhile. I mean family is family apres tout (after all). That too therefore should be fun.

Bumpalump is going to be with us oncve again this evening. Oh mo Grand met, speaking of Bumpalump. SO right now since we need a new tv we've been making use of a vcr. I know VHS is ancient but hey it still works. So anyways I got some videos for him to watch when he comes over. La Belle et La Bete (You all say Beauty and the Beast buty the story is French and set n France.), Bambi, and Shark Tale. I know good movies and so that night we watched La Belle et La Bete and then we watched Bambi...

Okay so Bumpalump liked La B&B probably because I sang most of the movie to him, but Bambi. He was pretty in to it. He liked Thumper and kept bouncin his little leg on the bed when the rabbit would do his signature move. Then came the trauma of the movie. And yes for those of you who remember or who've forgotten Bambi is a traumatic moive for the little ones... SO Bambi's mom is all like:

"Run Bambi, run and don't look back! RUN TO THE THICKET! RUN BAMBI RUN!!!" THen you hear CRACK!! Then thud. I forgot or had never heard the thud part. So Bumpalump turns and looks at me. Babmis running in a blizzard calling for his mother and Bumpalump asks:

"Where Bami Mommy?" I froze. I didn't think he would get that. But he did. SO now I'm all what do I say especially when he repats the question. Someone said I shouldn't have said what I said next but why lie. Death is real.

" Bumpalump..." I stammered. " Bambi's mommy is bye bye dead."
"Bye bye dead?"
"Yes tous tous."
OH my goodness and then his little lips started to tremble and his big brown eyes filled with water and I was like dammit Kyon you idiot you should've bought Pocahontas and luckily the next scene was springtime and Bambi, Thumper, and FLower were adults and getting ready to meet their mates and I was like:

"Bumpalump look twitterpation and birds. You like birds look! They're happy and they sing!" Bumpalump's head swung back to the screen and he started to laugh and forget all about Bambi's mother. Yeah I know good save right? Not really the next couple scenes later the forest creatures are massacred by hunters. Now this part while a bit traumatising for Bumpalump made me laugh. I couldn't help it. With his eyes locked to the screen he threw up his little hands and cried:

" NO no no! Run babies! Run abies run! No no no! Run babies!" I kidd you not he said that. It was soo cute and I just laughed and hugged him close.
" Awww Bumpalump are those your babies?" I asked. He has a stuffed bunny so...
"Yes. My babies run!" He said to me. I gave him a kiss and he seemed to alright for the rest of the movie. He actually enjoyed the film but I kinda felt bad.

Of course Trumph awas like:
"Why did he let him watch that movie Kyon? You probably scarred him for life!"

I was all:
"No I didn't! Bambi would've scarred him worse if he was older and really really knew what death and stuff is. Plus at least we know he has empathy for the pain of others from his reactions, so we know he won't grow up to be a sociopathic sadistic butcher." I deduced. "Plus." I continued, "how can you tell me about letting him watch Bambi when I came home last night before we got these movies and he was watching Freddy Kruger with you!?"

That shut Trumph up.

Oh well Disney makes his mark on all of us. Bumpalump, Trumph, you, and I included. SO here's to Bambi and Bumpalump. The princes of my forest. You guys have a great week and be blessed. And spend at least one hour with a little person you will feel wonderful later I rpomise you that. Just maybe do not watch Bambi.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Salut Mes Zamis Sak Passe!

Wassup Folkz this is me Kyon Saucier also known as Mr Kyon on A4A or Creole Elf on BGC.... Aww come on now like none of y'all are ever on those sites, yeah you are 'cause I've seen you... LOL!

Enter my world for a second... What? Huh? Well yes there are Black People in the NW and yes we have a vibrant culture up here. I mean naw Seattle aint Atlanta or NYC or DC or Chicago or any other city with a huge Black Population, but it's my home and there are few places as beautiful... Not too mention in all of the NW Seattle and Tacoma have the highest Black Population. So come on enter the world of Kyon....Yon Yon Yon.... Sigh. I was trying to make an echo sound. Now look I I know I got some typos and things so be patient with me folkz.... Cause I get excited when I write... Okay there is no excuse 'cept that it's my page I do what I want! *smile*


C'EST MOI! IT'S ME!

C'EST MOI!  IT'S ME!
Sak Passe? WAZZUUUUUPPPPP!

Bishop

Bishop
Yeah when I was younger I could've been considered a geek. Always my eyes fixed upon a world none could see. Always seeking to escape from the mundane things of this life.

But a geek I think of as dreamer, someone one who delights in things outside of the ordinary.

Just Me Again

Just Me Again
And why not? Dreams were not meant for the sleeping times

For the ordinary world need not be such a boring place. There's always more than enough room for the things that make one smile.

Wolf Rider

Wolf Rider
Bear Claw

Blood Elven Prince

Blood Elven Prince
Worlds within worlds

Drow Hunting Party

Drow Hunting Party
Dark Elven Elegance

Adieu mes zamis....

Adieu mes zamis....
May the light of Elves shine upon you....I know it's corny but this is my page!